Great craft ideas for kids
Give a Gift from the Heart – Mothers days Gifts
Mother’s Day crafts ideas don’t have to be elaborate they just have to be made from the heart. These crafts also take Mother Nature to heart and are made with one of more recycled material like scrap paper, old books, even those little plugs from milk and juice cartons.
One of the best parts of creating with your child is the time you spend together. Parent and tot projects like this Beach Shell DIY Craft Picture Frame are a special time to not only work together on something but also to practice taking turns something that can never be done too much .
Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard ( 2x as large as you want the frame to be) , a large magnet , crayons, shells, hot glue gun and glue, scissors , tape and a picture.
Start by cutting your cardboard in half, then cutting an opening in one piece for the frame.
Tape your picture ( I trimmed mine) on the other half of the cardboard. Trim the cardboard so that it’s no larger than the frame piece , you don’t want it peeking out from underneath.
Have your child decorate the frame with crayons.
Heat up the glue gun. Glue shells on, Glue the magnet on the back of the piece with the picture. Glue the two pieces together and let cool.
Gather your materials. You will need some milk carton plugs, hot glue gun, hot glue, seed beads, and a small dish that won’t stick to the glue. I used a 2nd dish for the ring to cool in but that was just my preference.
- Pour a mixture of seed beads into a small dish. You don’t want to use too big a dish because you want the beads to be close together .
- Turn the plug inside out , so when you slide it on your finger the solid part stands up against your finger.
- Add hot glue to the solid part that will be facing out. You want a lot of glue.
- Quickly dip it into the beads, gently press it into them.
- Let dry! It’s that easy. Just remember to let it dry completely before wearing it.
Posted in Crafts