Best Butter Chicken Curry
- skinless chicken breasts 500g, cut into chunks
- ground turmeric 1 tsp
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, peeled and grated
- garlic 2 cloves, crushed
- lemon 1/2, juiced
- butter 35g
- onion 1 large, thinly sliced
- makhani or other curry paste 3 tbsp
- tomato puree 1 tbsp
- ground almonds 2 tbsp
- full-fat natural yogurt 175ml
- chicken stock 150ml
- coriander a handful of leaves
- basmati rice to serve
- STEP 1
Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, garlic, lemon juice and ½ tsp salt. Heat the butter in a large wide pan then cook the onion for 10 minutes until softened and starting to turn golden. Add the curry paste and tomato purée and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until opaque.
- STEP 2
Mix the almonds and yogurt in a bowl then stir into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Scatter over the coriander and serve with basmati rice.
Click here for best winter recipes, reviews and more….
Posted in Recipes